Thursday, November 6, 2014

'Toy Story 4' Officially Announced!


So here's a really surprising news story that really just came out of nowhere! It has just been announced today that Toy Story 4 is in the works! That's right, another Toy Story film!

Also, we already have a surprisingly large amount of details, including a release date! The film is planned for release on June 16, 2017. It is also going to be directed by the almighty John Lasseter and the story was created by John, Andrew Stanton, Pete Docter and Lee Unkrich.

I really do not know how to feel about this. To me, the Toy Story franchise is the best franchise ever! So obviously, I'm feeling kind of skeptical about it. But then I remember that this is Pixar we're talking about! I trust them with filmmaking more than I do with any other studio! Pixar must have something big up its sleeve!

When talking about Toy Story 4, John Lasseter had this to say:

“We love these characters so much; they are like family to us. We don’t want to do anything with them unless it lives up to or surpasses what’s gone before. Toy Story 3 ended Woody and Buzz’s story with Andy so perfectly that for a long time, we never even talked about doing another Toy Story movie. But when Andrew, Pete, Lee, and I came up with this new idea, I just could not stop thinking about it. It was so exciting to me, I knew we had to make this movie—and I wanted to direct it myself.”

Honestly, I trust Pixar! But, I still really hope that Toy Story 4 will be just as good as the previous Toy Story films. After reading what John Lasseter had to say, I have a lot of faith in this film!

A lot of people are probably thinking that Toy Story 4 is going to be an awful movie. Well, to those people I say, show me the time machine you have that magically lets you go to the year 2017.

I have a feeling that Toy Story 4 has every possibility to be as good as its predecessors, but Pixar, you have a lot to live up to! But if you were able to make Toy Story of TERROR! as good as the trilogy, then I'm sure you can do the same with Toy Story 4! I have faith in you, Pixar!

No comments:

Post a Comment