Wednesday, March 2, 2016

A 'Big Hero 6' TV Series is Coming in 2017!


It's time for me to summon Baymax and his health care expertise because I can barely control myself from my excitement by this news! We are getting a Big Hero 6 TV series, set to air in 2017!

Originally, I thought we would be seeing a sequel to Big Hero 6 since the movie left off on something of a cliffhanger and it was basically an origin story as well. But while a sequel isn't entirely out of the question after this news, I think an entire Big Hero 6 TV series is even better than a sequel! This means we will be seeing plenty more adventures with Hiro, Baymax and the gang than if we just got a sequel. But hey, if we get a sequel along with this TV show, then that's twice as good!

One thing that people have been debating on is what style of animation will be used for this show. A lot of people are hoping for it to be hand-drawn and, judging by the image you see above this article, it certainly is going to be in a hand-drawn style, similar to the previously announced Tangled TV series. This one will also probably have a bit of an anime-inspired style as well.

I am very glad to see Disney making these shows because after Gravity Falls ended, a lot of people were worried that Disney Channel might not have other animated TV shows to offer. Well, we have gotten announcements of a Tangled TV series, a Ducktales reboot and now, a Big Hero 6 TV series! And with these types of TV shows in development, a Zootopia TV series or maybe even a Wreck-it Ralph TV series, is certainly not out of the question and would not be surprising to see. In other words, Disney Channel has a lot to offer us even though Gravity Falls has ended!

I also think that this show will have its darker, more serious moments just like the film itself had. I mean, to bring Gravity Falls back into this discussion, that show proved that the Disney Channel does not shy away from having dark, serious and intense moments. Their shows can be humorous and fun, but they clearly do not shy away from good, deep and dark storytelling. I can only assume that Big Hero 6: The Series will follow a similar path, perhaps even giving us a continuing story, again, just like what Gravity Falls had.

We will also most likely see more from the supporting cast, Gogo, Wasabi, Honey Lemon and Fred. If you think about it, we really did not learn that much about these characters in the film. It didn't go too in depth with their personalities so I'm sure we'll be seeing more of that in this TV series.

Big Hero 6: The Series will air on Disney XD in 2017. This gives further proof of a bright future for the Disney Channel. I can hardly contain my excitement, and yes, I am certainly satisfied with this news!

No comments:

Post a Comment