Saturday, March 3, 2012

Animated Films of 2012



Note: The Lorax will not be mentioned on this blog because it already came out.




BraveStudio: Pixar

Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures

Directors: Mark Andrews and Brenda Chapman
Release date: June 22, 2012

This film seems like yet another epic classic brought to us by Pixar. The story sounds so amazing and brilliant. In other words, it sounds like a Pixar film. The animation is beautiful. In my opinion, Pixar hasn’t made a bad film (I loved Cars and Cars 2). People are saying that Cars 2 was so terrible and that Pixar is going downhill. PIXAR ISN’T GOING ANYWHERE! Just because Pixar made their first bad film which I actually really enjoyed doesn’t mean Pixar is going downhill! It wasn’t even their fault! Cars 2 was meant to be released in the summer of 2012 and Brave was meant to be released in 2011 but they needed more time for Brave so they switched around the release dates so Cars 2 had to be rushed! But I still loved Cars 2. Anyways,I have a strong feeling that Brave is going to be loved by critics and audiences alike. I have a feeling that it’s going to be very dark and creepy. I read an article about Brenda Chapman on Brave. She said that Brave is going to be a fairy tale in the tradition of the Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Anderson fairy tales and those are very dark. Mark Andrews also said that it’s going to be dark and more mature. So I have a feeling that Brave is probably going to be darker than even the Disney fairy tales from Walt Disney’s time. I have a feeling that Brave is going to have a perfect blend of humor and heart just like any other Pixar film. I have a feeling that Brave will be rated PG for Violence. Brave feels, like any other Pixar films, meant for teenagers and adults. Words cannot describe how excited I am for Brave. I have seen all the Brave trailers, the extended clip and the TV spot and all this excitement is just building up inside me after each trailer and each update. WILL JUNE 22, 2012 NEVER COME!



Frankenweenie

Studios: Tim Burton Productions and Walt Disney Pictures

Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures

Director: Tim Burton

Release Date: October 5, 2012

I'm really excited for Frankenweenie. I like how it is going to be shot in black and white. I feel that the film being in black and white can really make the film's dark, creepy tone stick out more. What I'm not happy about is that even though it's in black and white, it's still going to be shot in 3D. I just think that's stupid. Other than that, I think this will be a great movie.




Hotel Transylvania

Studio: Sony Pictures Animation

Distributor: Columbia Pictures

Director: Genndy Tartakovsky

Release Date: September 28, 2012


Ever since Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Sony Pictures Animation has become big competition for animated films. This film sounds like it can be a fun movie but I hope the big name actors don't bring down the film. I can't say much about this film because there are no trailers yet.




Ice Age: Continental Drift

Studio: Blue Sky Studios

Distributor: 20th Century Fox

Directors: Steve Martino and Mike Thurmeier

Release Date: July 13, 2012


I loved the first Ice Age. The second one I haven't seen for a long time but I will rewatch it. The third one was good. It's probably one of my guilty pleasures. This one looks like it can be a fun romp.



Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Studios: DreamWorks Animation and Pacific Data Images

Distributor: Paramount Pictures

Directors: Eric Darnell and Conrad Vernon

Release Date: June 8, 2012

This film looks like a disaster waiting to happen. I don't remember the first Madagascar so I will have to rewatch it. The second film was fun. This one looks like DreamWorks just hired a bunch of monkeys to think up of whatever random crap the monkeys could think of (if that makes sense).




ParaNorman
Studio: Laika

Distributors: Focus Features and Universal Pictures

Directors: Sam Fell and Chris Butler

Release Date: August 17, 2012


This film looks like are really fun, creepy film. I really enjoyed the studio's previous film Coraline so I have a feeling that this film will be awesome as well.







The Pirates! Band of MisfitsStudios: Aardman Animations and Sony Pictures Animatio

Distributor: Columbia Pictures

Director: Peter Lord

Release Date: April 27, 2012

I really enjoy Aardman's films including 2011's Arthur Christmas. I have a feeling that this film will be as good as Aardman's previous films.





Note: I understand that Wreck-It Ralph doesn't come before Rise of the Guardians but my computer wont let me move down the poster for some reason. Sorry about that.

Wreck-It Ralph

Studio: Walt Disney Animation Studios

Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures

Director: Rich Moore

Release Date: November 2, 2012

This film seems like a very interesting film. The story sounds interesting but I hope they dont make it too much like Despicable Me or Megamind because the plot is very similar to those 2 films. I can't say anything else at the moment because there are no trailers released yet






Rise of the Guardians

Studio: DreamWorks Animation

Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Directors: Peter Ramsey and William Joyce

Release Date: November 21, 2012


By the time this film is released, it will be the first DreamWorks original film in 2 years, the last original DreamWorks film being Megamind. Rise of the Guardians looks like it could be a fun movie. I can't say anything other than that since there is no trailer released yet.




This concludes my thoughts on the upcoming animated films of 2012. Come by soon when I will be giving my box office predictions for the animated films of 2012. Also, you can see any animation newson here when it is released





















No comments:

Post a Comment