Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Disney Animation's 2012 Blu-Ray Release Schedule

Recently, Disney has announced a whole bunch of non-Diamond Edition animated films to be released on Blu-Ray throughout 2012.


On July 3rd, 2012, they're releasing Home on the Range and Treasure Planet on Blu-Ray. I haven't seen Treasure Planet yet but I will see it when I buy the blu-ray and I feel that Home on the Range is really underrated. I was actually asking myself a while ago "When is Home on the Range coming on Blu-Ray?" so I found that to be a funny coincidence. On August 7th, 2012, they're realeasing The Aristocats. I'm for sure going to pick that one up.

The rest of these animated films have no official release date:

In Fall 2012, there are two double packs, the double pack with The Rescuers and The Rescuers Down Under (the double pack with the GOOD sequel) and Pocahontas packaged with it's crappy, cheaply made, DisneyToon Studio (not made by the official Disney studio. The Rescuers Down Under was made by Disney Animation Studios.) Direct-to-Video sequel, Pocahonats II: Journey to the New World. I'm definetely picking up The Resuers and The Rescuers Down Under double pack but I don't know for sure if I want to get the Pocahontas and Pocahontas II: Journey to the New World because it is packaged with the crappy Direct-to-Video sequel. There are two more cheaply made, DisneyToon Studio movies. One of them is Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure, and the other one is The Tigger Movie, a Winnie the Pooh spin-off that was actually released in theaters (many of DisneyToon Studio's movies are Direct-to-Video releases).

On October 2012, Disney is going to be releasing two animated films, Atlantis: The Lost Empire and Brother Bear. I'm going to be getting those releases as well.

That concludes my update about the upcoming Disney animated film releases on Blu-Ray. Here's the full list of Disney Blu-Ray releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment