Thursday, April 25, 2013

Monsters University Final Trailer Review


“If you’re not scary, what kind of a monster are you?”

The third and final trailer for Monsters University has just been released and I’m telling you, this film is going to be amazing! The trailer shows tons of new footage and the film looks hysterical but it also looks like it will have that Pixar heart. Some early reviews claimed that Monsters University is a tearjerker with a gutsy message and I can definitely understand what they mean. With a story like this, there is plenty of room for heart.

At some points in this trailer, I was laughing really hard. The jokes in this trailer are brilliant. They are just so clever. I especially loved the parts with the people from Oozma Kappa (the fraternity Mike and Sulley need to join so they don’t get kicked out of the university). Those characters look like they will provide a gutbusting level of humor. These jokes are not the cheap or lame jokes you would see in something like a DreamWorks film or anything. This is the classic humor that Pixar is known for. Some partying scenes in the trailer are pretty funny as well.

One aspect of the trailer that looks really interesting is the Scare Games. It looks very unique and will definitely be fun to watch when the movie comes out. I’m also excited to see the direction they go with in the story. I’ve been hearing that it has some interesting twists.

While the trailer gives more information on the story, it by no means spoils the film. It has a perfect amount of content to please us Pixar fans!

I could not be more excited for Monsters University. I honestly cannot comprehend how excited I am. The film looks brilliant, inventive, hysterical, heartfelt, everything you want to see in a Pixar film. This looks like it will shape up to be another Pixar masterpiece. It comes out on June 21st (less than two months away!!)

What did you all think of the trailer? Are you as excited as I am to reunite with Mike and Sulley? You guys comment below while I curl up into a ball, waiting for Monsters University to be released.

1 comment: