Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Sequel to The Lego Movie Confirmed

 

Is it just me or are studios announcing sequels way too soon after the originals are released? Not too long ago, we heard about a sequel to The Nut Job not even a week after its release, and now, we're hearing about a sequel to a film that hasn't even been released yet?!

Why are they announcing a sequel before the original film's release?! They don't know how the film will do in the box office or anything like that! Was this meant to be a franchise? Was it meant to be  The Lego Movie trilogy or something right when they came up with the idea? I haven't seen the film yet so I don't know if it even ends in a way that would suggest a sequel.

I'm just finding this really confusing. Why announce a sequel to a film before the original film is even released? And I thought announcing a sequel to The Nut Job not even a week after the film's release was crazy!

I understand that The Lego Movie looks like it's going to be a big hit. Its marketing is very aggressive and critics are loving it. However, they do not know for sure if the film will be a big success. Just because it looks like it will be does not mean it actually will be a hit. I do hope it's successful, though, since it looks like a good movie, but the problem remains. Very rarely is a sequel announced before the original film's release. But I guess that all we could do now is hope that the sequel will be good, because the fact that it is being announced at this time could perhaps suggest otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment