Sunday, June 15, 2014

DreamWorks Adds More Films and Release Dates to Their Schedule

 
 
DreamWorks has recently announced some films and release dates to their already huge slate of films. They have also completely changed around some release dates. Some of these films look exciting, while other make me question their existence. But despite what I think of them, here they are.

First up is Boss Baby, which is due for release on March 18, 2016. I have no idea what this film is. It was obviously one that they just recently announced. Because of this, I cannot tell you what I think about the film. All I can say is that the title is kind of odd.


Next is Captain Underpants, which is scheduled for release on January 13, 2017. Honestly, I couldn't care less about this movie. It is so unnecessary and it is one that I am not at all looking forward to.

Next up is what used to be titled Mumbai Musical. Instead, it's currently know as the Untitled Kevin Lima Bollywood Musical. This film switched from March 18, 2016 (which now belongs to Boss Baby) and is now scheduled for March 10, 2017. While there aren't that any details about the film, I at least think that it could have the potential to be interesting.


Next on the list is The Croods 2. Ugh, just typing the title makes me shudder! I guess by now you can assume that I did not care about The Croods and I also do not care about there being a sequel. Either way, whether I like it or not, this film is coming out on November 3, 2017.

Next up is Larrikins, which is due for a January 18, 2018 release. I have no idea what this film is and, therefore cannot tell you what I think about it.


Here's one that really has me scratching my head. Madagascar 4. The reason I'm not to keen on this is because the main characters specifically said that they want to stay in New York by the end of the film. Wouldn't that mean that their 3 film long journey is over? But then again, I shouldn't be too quick to judge this one. I thought I was going to hate Madagascar 3 but it ended up being my favourite Madagascar film. In fact, the films got better and better with each release. If history repeats itself, this could be better than the 3rd film! However, I will remain skeptical until May 18, 2018 when the film is released.


Now here's a film that I can happily get on board with! Puss in Boots: 9 Lives and 40 Thieves, due for release on November 2, 2018. I fell in love with the original Puss in Boots film. I felt that it was definitely better than Shrek 2, 3 and 4 and was in some ways also better than the original Shrek film. I'm not one to get excited about sequels, but I loved the original film so much and I feel like a sequel could work if it's done right.

Out of all of these films, I am most excited for Puss in Boots: 9 Lives and 40 Thieves. Which one are you looking forward to the most? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment