Thursday, May 29, 2014

My Thoughts on the Trailer For 'The Book of Life'


After Free Birds ended up being a disaster, I was really skeptical to see what the next Reel FX films will be like. But after looking at the trailer for their next film, The Book of Life, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.


What struck me the most with this trailer was the art direction. It is so amazing and unique. It's great to finally see an animated film that isn't copying Pixar's animation techniques and decided to take it upon itself to make something really unique. The animation is beautiful and the character designs are unbelievable! And the story? Oh my gosh the story! It looks so amazing and epic!

I am shocked that this is coming from the same studio that made Free Birds. But I think I have an idea about what happened. I think for Free Birds, they made a safe film which will help them fund more ambitious and risky films such as this one, while still getting people to notice their studio. That's the only explanation I have that would make sense.

I suspect that this is going to be be like Rango. A film that has a unique art direction, making it very different from what you would usually see in an animated film.

Anyways, this was a great trailer and I am really looking forward to the film. I have a feeling it will end up being amazing. I absolutely cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment