Monday, September 29, 2014

My Thoughts on the 2nd Big Hero 6 Trailer


With a little over a month until Big Hero 6 comes out into theaters, Disney released a second trailer for the movie. Now, the wait is even more difficult than ever!


This is an amazing trailer. It focuses a lot more on the story, some of the more mature themes, and a lot of the humor as well. I love how lately, the final trailers for Disney films focus more on the aforementioned aspects. They did the same thing with the final trailer for Frozen. I hope Disney keeps this up.

One thing you find out in the trailer is that Hiro's older brother, Tadashi, dies. By the looks of it, this film is going to deal with the idea of death in a very realistic, deep and mature way. Hell, it's difficult not to cry just by watching this trailer alone!

There is also a lot of humor in this trailer with many jokes that revolve around Baymax who is going to be an absolutely adorable and funny character. I love Baymax! I can go on and on about how amazing of a character Baymax is, but maybe I'll save that rambling for my review of the film!

We also get to see more of the rest of the Big Hero 6 team, and they seem like they will be great characters as well!

There is one complaint I have about the trailer and it's the same complaint I had about the previous trailers. There is no mention of Marvel anywhere in this trailer! With this being a Marvel adaptation, I'm surprised Disney isn't taking advantage of Marvel's name in their marketing since the Marvel name alone would probably guarantee half a billion in the box office.

This was an excellent trailer that did exactly what a trailer is supposed to do. I thought I was really excited for the film before, but now I'm even more excited! Almost one month to go, animation fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment