Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Teaser Trailer for 'The Good Dinosaur' Released


Well, this certainly caught me by surprise! I was hearing things about a teaser trailer for The Good Dinosaur being released. However, I just assumed it would have been released closer to the release of Inside Out. I wasn't expecting to see the teaser the very next day! Pixar didn't even make an official announcement a few days before on social media like they usually do! They were completely silent about it. But, the teaser is out now and I couldn't be happier, not only because I've been wanting to see some footage for a long time, but also because this is one fantastic teaser trailer!


This is easily one of my favourite Pixar teaser trailers, alongside the teasers for Inside Out, Brave and WALL-E. It's amazing to watch and features an awesome, albeit quick, montage. It also does a great job at showing the premise of the film and showing us just how epic this film is going to be. Pixar teaser trailers usually show footage that isn't in the final film. However in this case, they went a different route and decided to show little glimpses of footage that I'm sure will be in the film.

The backgrounds, set design and character design all look spectacular! The character designs actually remind me of a style reminiscent to that of classic Walt Disney-era films such as Bambi.

Now, when I was thinking about why the teaser was released so soon, rather than closer to the release of Inside Out, a thought occurred to me: I think it will be shown before Jurassic World. That would make a lot of sense! Of course, it will be shown before Inside Out as well, though.

This is a film I have been very curious about and have been patiently waiting to see footage of. The concept alone already had me hooked when it was announced back in 2011. With all the problems this film has been through during production, I'm so glad to see it finally reaching theatres! This film looks extremely epic, and I absolutely cannot wait until its release!

No comments:

Post a Comment