Monday, December 2, 2013

Annie Awards 2013 Nominees Revealed


It's awards season, folks! This is the time when all of the different award shows reveal the nominees, and what better way to kick it off then the nominees for the animation-centric Annie Awards?

You can check out all of the nominees here.

In terms of animated films, I am really happy that the films Monsters University and Frozen got nominated for so many awards, even though I wish Monsters University was also nominated for best directing. It will be a really interesting battle between the two films to see which one will bring home the awards since they were both so amazing. They are also the 2 animated films that got nominated for the most awards. They are both nominated for 10 awards. Also, I predicted that Get a Horse! would get nominated for some awards, and I am happy to say that I was right!

In terms of animated TV shows, I am glad to see Gravity Falls get nominated for so many awards. I also like how The Simpsons and Futurama are getting some well deserved recognition with a good amount of nominations. I am also happy to see Toy Story of TERROR! get nominated for so many awards as well!

Also, out of the 3 nominees in the video game category, the only one I have actually heard of was The Last of Us, which I heard was a brilliant game, so that's most likely going to win the award. I do think that more games such as Super Mario 3D World should have been nominated, though, instead of just 3 games.

This is going to be an interesting award season for the art of animation. Especially since Frozen and Monsters University will be battling it out for the awards, which were, arguably, the only two really amazing animated films this year (Despicable Me 2 was good, but was by no means a masterpiece like those two films). As for the Annie Awards, I am excited to watch them, but please don't screw up the winners and nominees again. Seriously, how can an award show screw up that badly for 2 years in a row?!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment