Monday, March 10, 2014

Cartoon Network Reviving Bugs Bunny and Tom and Jerry


Cartoon Network has announced that they will be reviving some classics with a Looney Tunes revival entitled Wabbit - A Looney Tunes Production  and a Tom and Jerry revival with The Tom and Jerry Show. While I am skeptical about this decision, I think that there is a possibility of these shows being really good ways to bring back the classic formulas.

First, I will talk about Wabbit. The show will consist of short films much like the classic Looney Tunes cartoons. All of the characters we know and love will be returning. However, there was also mention of new characters. That's where I start getting skeptical. I really hope these new characters could be as good as the older ones.

I am not that big a fan of The Looney Tunes Show. While I do think the show has its comedic moments, it is way too modern and does not capture what made Looney Tunes cartoons so good. They did something that was completely different from what Looney Tunes are all about and that does not sit well with me. However, Wabbit could be an opportunity to bring Looney Tunes back to form and back to what made them so great.

The Tom and Jerry Show could also have a lot of potential. It's apparently going to keep the look of the old Tom and Jerry cartoons and will be a fresh take on the classic series. The show will premiere on Wednesday, April 9. I am hoping for the best from this show as well. since this has just as much potential as Wabbit to go back to the formula we all know and love.

I hope these shows will attract the attention of the fans of the old cartoons while introducing a new generation of people to the crazy antics of these characters. I will be expecting for these shows to be exactly like the old cartoons. There really is a lot of potential here and I am really excited to see them when they premiere!

What do you think of the idea to revive these great classics? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment