Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Teaser Trailer for 'Peanuts' Has Been Released


The teaser trailer for the upcoming Charlie Brown reboot, Peanuts, has been released and this is making me really excited for the film.

The first thing you'll notice in this teaser is the art style... Oh my gosh the art style! It looks outstanding! It has a perfect blend of CGI and hand-drawn animation and keeps the spirit of the Peanuts cartoons in its art style.

Friends, we have entered a golden age in animation. A time where filmmakers aren't afraid to experiment with the animation technology. We got our first taste of films that aren't from Pixar or Disney that experiment with animation technology with The Lego Movie and that film is only the beginning.

Ok, I love the art style, but what about the story? This is only a teaser trailer so it doesn't say anything about the story, but it's no secret that Blue Sky films are not that great. Their films seem to rely too much on big stars doing voice acting and awful pop culture references. Seeing as how this film is coming from Blue Sky, that leaves me skeptical. But, the writers for this film are related to the original writer, Charles Schultz, and they will definitely want to keep the spirit of the cartoons alive in this film so there is a lot of hope here. I have a feeling this can be an excellent movie if the executives don't get hold of it and mess everything up. I would like to see more footage of the film, perhaps a full length trailer, before I make up my mind. From what I've seen in this teaser, though, it looks like that they are going to be keeping the humor of the cartoons.

I am also really interested in seeing how they are going to market this film. Who will their target audience be? The adults who grew up with the cartoons or the kids who have probably never heard of it? This is going to be very interesting to see. Box office results will be even more interesting. I am really looking forward to this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment