Thursday, January 16, 2014

Academy Award Nominees Announced


I've been looking forward to seeing the nominees for 2013 for quite some time. Since this is an animation blog, I will be mainly focusing on the Best Animated Film category. I will give the nominees and I will let you decide what's wrong with the choice of nominees. The nominees are:
The Croods
Despicable Me 2
Ernest & Celestine
Frozen
The Wind Rises

Do you see the problem? I'll give you a hint: It's the same problem that happened in the Golden Globe nominees. Where the hell is Monsters University?! You have no idea how much this angers me. Even The Croods was nominated over Monsters University! I've said it before, and I'll say it again, The Croods was a godawful movie! What the hell is it about that film that I am not getting?! Why is it getting nominated for 2 different award shows?! Am I missing something here?! This is honestly the worst snub I have ever seen in any award show and it just shows how little recognition animation gets.

On a lighter note, at least Frozen has a chance to be the first Disney film to win the Best Animated Film Oscar. Also, Let it Go is nominated for best song, and it better win! Also, Get a Horse, the Mickey Mouse short film shown before Frozen is nominated for Best Animated Short Film.

There is one thing that has always bugged me about award shows, though. Why is it that in the history of the Academy Awards, only 3 animated films got nominated for Best Picture?! Many of the animated films are much better than the majority of the live action films. It's really disgusting how animation doesn't get the recognition it truly deserves.

You can see all the nominees here.

What are your thoughts on Monsters University getting snubbed from the Oscars? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment